Friday, April 26, 2013

I agree with the President- last week was a very tough week. My heart goes out to all those affected by the Boston bombing. As most of you know, my friend and business partner was born and raised in Boston and has an incredible special feeling for that city. I have visited Boston many times and am a HUGE Red Sox fan so I felt an overwhelming sadness about the whole situation. I was obsessed with the media coverage- couldn't stop watching it. The courage and bravery shown by those men and women in Boston was amazing. My prayers and thoughts are with you Boston. BOSTON STRONG!!!

On a lighter note, the prim has shipped. I think most of you should have received it by now. I hope you were pleased. I thought it was just right for spring. Thanks for your patience in getting them all shipped. It is a much bigger job than you think......



Here is a photo of the winner of the tag contest. I will try and post some each time I blog.

We have been so successful with the prim club we are staring another club with the Purple Thread. Sharon is the featured designer in this months issue of Just Cross Stitch magazine. This club will be called", Every Womans Journey". We hope to ship a kit every 6-8 weeks keeping the cost to $25-35 each. The registration sheet will be on the website. If you are registered for the prim you can just sign the bottom and put in prim club and I can get your info from your other registration. Here is the first kit. We hope it will ship by mid June. We also have a fabulous door prize for one registrant from Sharon.

We have been busy stitching for the shop and have gotten back some great things from the framer. I know this Birds of a Feather design is an older one but its still available and oh so darling.....


We are thrilled to be able to have the fabulous Civil War needlebook from Threadwork Primitives. This is such a cool piece- Nan put a lot of time and thought into this one and since they are limited please call soon so you won't be disappointed!

If you have been by the shop in the last month then you might have met our new puppy- Abigail. She is getting bigger and I bet she is up to 5 pounds now. Here she is playing with her new toy sent to her from Tina/Teri of Shepherds Bush. Thanks girls- she loves it.


We expect our books from Stacy Nash next week- my name is Lidyah. We are so touched to be mentioned in the acknowledgements- Stacy you are the best! It looks fabulous and we can't wait for ours to arrive. Give me a call if you want one held for you. We should also have the fabrics and fibers to go with all the projects! WE will also have the 18th Century Rook in stock next week for the new sampler from Shakespeares Peddler- just gorgeous.

The sampler I chose for this weeks blog is Sally Starbuck. She is from Nantucket, Massachusetts. Sally was a Quaker and she and her sister Mary went to the friends school there. The Starbucks were one of the founding families of Nantucket. Quakers were both finacially and politcally influencial in the building and shaping of Nantucket Island. This sampler is a genealogical record of her family.

I am currently working on Numero Uno from Jeannette Douglas and next week I will post a picture of my progress. This is such a cool piece. I hope you get some peaceful stitching time in this weekend.................Ann

3 comments:

  1. Oh that Miss Abigail makes me smile. I can just imagine the energy! Beautifully soft sampler.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet new Ladies Prim! Full of Spring color.
    Congrats to Faye on her winning tag entry. What a pretty finish.
    Kisses to little Abigail. She is such a cutie pie:)and many thanks for your kind words on the Civil War needlebook.
    Smiles, Nan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Abigail looks like such a sweetie, I love puppies :-). The new Prim Society piece is so sweet, I can't wait to stitch it!!!!!

    ReplyDelete