Tuesday, November 6, 2012

We're back! What a trip it was! The first five  hours not even a flake of snow. I finally sent my daughter a text and said" Where is the snow?" Then we went around a big curve and whamo, there was the snow. It was piled up 3-4 feet in some spots. It became very foggy and it was just us and the snow plows on the interstate. This road I-68 had been closed on Tuesday and was opened up just a few hours before we got there. The last hour was pretty nerve wracking but after my hair going even greyer if that's  possible we arrived.

Can you indulge me in a proud mom moment.?  I have such an amazing daughter. She should open a bed and breakfast! She cooks like Ina Garten and her home is magazine worthy. It was pretty heavenly! She also has two adorable dogs- Norman and Lucy and two crazy cats. She not only was the most incredible hostess but she allowed a friend of ours that she did not know to spend several days in her home so our friend could attend our lecture. I am a lucky, lucky mom! Thanks Jennifer!

The lecture went very well. Thanks so much to all of our friends who came from afar for this event in the horrible weather. Thanks to Linda, Lori, Rabbit, Rita, and Diane.Pat even did a bunch of research on West Virginia  so she had tons of interesting facts to relate.

We sure enjoyed our time in Morgantown. We were treated to a tour of a stone house built   there in the late 1700's. The tour was very special and we were so delighted  to be included. We also had a chance to speak at length to a history professor from the college who gave us tons of background on the area. You know that stuff is right up our alley!

 The football game on Saturday was awesome.. It had been many, many years since either of us had attended a college game.The only drawback was  how cold it was. We were  outside in 40 degree weather with winds blowing at about 25 mph for over 6 hours. We went to a tailgate party first and then the game. It was a blast but its been years since I was that cold!

Don't forget about our big  7th birthday party bash this Saturday We are so thrilled to have Nan Lewis from Threadwork Primitives coming as our guest. She is bringing  models and will be available to sign  charts . I hope you will have a chance to come by to meet her.  We have wonderful sale items and TONS of models on sale. ( we don't want to take everything to the new store!) I will be busy baking lots of yummy treats too.

For all of you interested in coming to our retreat in 2013 we have the dates: October 3-5. I will be posting more information soon. We have our teachers, the hotel, the theme and the dates. Here's a hint: we have some teachers who have been here before and some who have not!  We are very excited about it- its going to be the best one yet!

Please don't forget we will be closing the shop on November 16 and will reopen Saturday November 24 in our new location. New address: 5312 Kemps River Drive.  We will look forward to seeing all of you then.

n

2 comments:

  1. I thought you would run into snow - I68 from Cumberland to Morgantown can be a bear. I lived in Morgantown (exit 10 off I68) for 15 years & traveled that highway often. So glad to hear your trip was great. GO WVU!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! What a great blog! I am not sure that my home is magazine worthy...especially with all of my animals (who really run the show), but I am glad you think it is! We had a great time with you. I hope you come back to see us again soon!

    ReplyDelete